Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Vacations

I think being a teacher is great. Not only do you get to enrich the lives of students but you get vacations off while doing so. Many people think being a teacher is easy, and many think that anyone can be a teacher...this is highly false. Being a teacher takes years of patience and practice to do it right. A great teacher can teach you more than just what's in the text book or what's on the test. A great teacher teaches you about life and the unfair things that happen during it. And for that difficult job I think teachers deserve everyday off they get, which just so happens to include Christmas and Thanksgiving break. Those breaks are also well deserved considering that most of the time during the year is spent worry about teaching and worrying about lesson plans and school, that families tend to get the bad end of the stick in this deal.

Many teachers like my own mother get saw caught up in their jobs that families tend to be second on the list. This means that those breaks that teachers get off can be spent with their families catching up on details in each others lives. I think teachers deserve their breaks and I don't think anyone has the right to say that teachers have it easy and that they don't deserve their breaks. They "babysit" your kids so that you can go out and do your job....and babysitting kids is not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment