For my education class we have to do a group project and my group is doing it on inclusion programs in schools. Now I understand the purpose of inclusion ,but I don't agree with how it is sometimes and often run; I don't believe that they are the most beneficial option for children with learning disabilities. Many schools are now introduction inclusion programs because they are cheaper method than having the special education students separated. Now in many ways this is beneficial, but it isn't to all students and many officials ignore it. Students who cannot handle inclusion classrooms fall behind and often have lower self esteems due to the awareness of the knowledge gap within the classroom.
Now while I was starting my research I asked my teacher what I should really be looking for and what should I really be answering. And after going back and forth with ideas, she asked me what to think about what I think about inclusion programs and then find out what officials said about them and look and the stats for them. She said if whatever the stats were was what was correct. After hearing all of this I realized I can't give a 8 minute speech on something I believe isn't true. Getting up there and saying that inclusion is good when I believe is it isn't. But I guess in a sense being a teacher is about putting your beliefs aside and teaching....Duh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment